Tuesday, August 2, 2011

jTC Reflections - Letter to Paige

On the next to last day of the program at JTC, the parents joined the siblings for a picnic on the lawn. After we ate a delicious lunch of Freebirds burritos and quesadillas that Paige and Grandma Rotzie picked up, Jim and I read Paige letters we had written her a few days before. Here is my letter.

Dear Paige,

I love and adore every inch of you. Your bright smile lights up my day. When you were born, my life changed forever - I became a Mommy. Now I see the world through your eyes - observant, curious, thoughtful Paige.

I remember your first words, your "toast in the tummy" video, our trip to see Katie and Anika. Mommy-Paige time is very special to me.

Always believe in yourself, Paige - because you can do anything. Just don't grow up too fast. Four is a wonderful age, full of wonder and excitement about all the things you are learning and doing.

Daddy and I will always be there for you when you need something - advice, support, a shoulder to cry on - and to watch you do amazing things. I love you with all my heart.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment