Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fabulous! Awesome!

I have discovered there are some words I must use more often than I thought.

Skylar, after Paige did something good, but not that exciting: "Good job, Paige. Awesome!" Repeated several times that afternoon.

Paige, later the same day, either commenting on something pretty cool or to be slightly sarcastic, I can't remember (she's used it correctly both ways): "Fabulous. That's fabulous!" Sometimes she'll just repeat the word fabulous after I say it; she must like how it sounds.

At least they aren't swear words my girls are repeating! :-)

And, Skylar and Paige are pretty fabulous and awesome. They are the super sweetest girls ever created (okay, they are both sleeping like little angels right now, which basically makes me cry over how beautiful and precious they are).

I'm going on my first trip away from them for more than 24 hours on Tuesday. I'll be away for four days. Gramma Rotzie will be here, Daddy will be here, and they will be fine...and I'll have a great time with adult interaction all day, dinners with adults, and evenings and nights all to my adult self (gasp!) which sounds almost dreamlike, but I will miss them so. I already do. And, this trips marks then end of the infrequent nursing we are still doing, which makes me sad and proud and glad and nostalgic all at the same time. My babies are growing up!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these posts Sis. It helps us keep up with your lives. I check your blog frequently (no pressure, huh!). Your girls, and Jim, will miss you, but it will be good for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete